Replacing your windows can be a great way to improve energy efficiency, increase protection, and boost the value of your property. We offer several different manufacturers including PGT, Eastern Architectural Systems, ViWinco & Customer Window System (CWS).
When it comes to window replacement, there are a lot of options to choose from. From selecting the right type of window to choosing the best materials and finishes, there are many factors to consider. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind when replacing your windows
Types of Windows
Types of Windows: There are many types of windows to choose from, including double-hung, casement, picture, and sliding windows. Each type of window has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice for your home will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
- Materials: Window frames can be made from a variety of materials, including vinyl, wood, fiberglass, and aluminum. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
- Finishes: Window finishes, such as paint and stains, can add style and character to your home. Choose a finish that complements your home’s architecture and fits your personal taste.
- Installation: Proper installation is crucial for ensuring that your new windows perform well and last for many years. Choose a reputable contractor with experience installing windows to ensure that your new windows are installed correctly.
At Infinite Home Improvements, we’re dedicated to helping you choose the best replacement windows for your home. We offer a wide selection of high-quality windows in a variety of styles, materials, and finishes. Our experienced team of professionals can help you assess your needs and choose the best replacement windows for your home. Contact us today to learn more about our window replacement services and to schedule your free in-home estimate!
Hurricane Impact Windows
Living in a hurricane-prone area can be challenging, but one of the best ways to protect your home and family is by installing hurricane impact windows. These windows are designed to withstand high winds, flying debris, and other hazards associated with hurricanes and severe storms.
Here Are Some of The Key Benefits of Installing Hurricane Impact Windows
- Safety: Hurricane impact windows are designed to protect your home and family from flying debris and other hazards during a hurricane or severe storm. They are made with multiple layers of glass and a strong interlayer that holds the glass in place, even when it’s shattered.
- Energy Efficiency: Hurricane impact windows are also energy efficient, helping to reduce your energy bills and improve the comfort of your home. They are designed to reduce heat transfer between the inside and outside of your home, keeping your home cool in the summer and warm during those couple of weeks a year that our area cools off.
- Noise Reduction: Hurricane impact windows can also help reduce noise from outside, making your home a more peaceful and comfortable place to live.
- Security: Hurricane impact windows also provide added security for your home, making it more difficult for intruders to break in. They are made with strong materials and designed to resist forced entry.
- Curb Appeal: Hurricane impact windows are available in a variety of styles, materials, and finishes, so you can choose a design that complements the architecture of your home and enhances its curb appeal.
Energy Efficient Windows
if you’re looking to reduce your energy bills and make your home more comfortable, installing energy-efficient windows can be a great solution. These windows are designed to reduce heat transfer between the inside and outside of your home, helping to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Here are some of the key benefits of energy-efficient windows:
- Energy Savings: Energy-efficient windows can help you save money on your energy bills by reducing the amount of energy needed to heat and cool your home. They are designed to insulate your home and prevent heat loss, which can result in significant energy savings over time.
- Environmental Benefits: Energy-efficient windows can also help reduce your carbon footprint by reducing the amount of energy needed to heat and cool your home. By reducing your energy use, you can help lower greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Improved Comfort: Energy-efficient windows can also improve the comfort of your home by reducing drafts and keeping your home at a more consistent temperature. This can help reduce hot and cold spots and make your home a more comfortable place to live.
- UV Protection: Energy-efficient windows also provide UV protection, which can help reduce fading and damage to your furniture, carpets, and other belongings. They can also help protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Single/Double Hung Windows
Single and double-hung windows are among the most popular window styles used in homes today. They are designed to open vertically, allowing you to control the amount of air that enters your home.
Here are some of the key features and benefits of single and double-hung windows:
- Single-hung windows have a fixed top sash and a bottom sash that slides up and down.
- They are typically less expensive than double-hung windows.
- They are a good option for areas where space is limited or where the window is located near a walkway or other obstruction.
- Single-hung windows are often more energy-efficient than double-hung windows because they have fewer moving parts and are less likely to leak air.
- Double-hung windows have two sashes that slide up and down independently of each other.
- They offer greater flexibility in ventilation because both the top and bottom sashes can be opened.
- They are a good option for larger windows and areas where you want greater control over airflow.
- Double-hung windows can also be easier to clean because both sashes can be tilted in for cleaning.
Horizontal Slider (Roller) Windows
These types of windows are designed to slide horizontally, rather than vertically like single or double-hung windows. They are a popular choice for modern homes and offer many benefits over other types of windows.
Here are some of the key features and benefits of horizontal slider windows:
- Easy to Use: Horizontal slider windows are very easy to use and operate. They typically require less force to open and close than other types of windows, making them a great option for those with limited mobility or strength.
- Energy Efficient: Horizontal slider windows can be very energy-efficient, especially if they are made from high-quality materials and are properly installed. They provide an airtight seal that helps to prevent air leakage and heat loss, which can result in significant energy savings over time.
- Versatile: Horizontal slider windows are very versatile and can be used in a variety of different settings, from bedrooms and living rooms to kitchens and bathrooms. They can be customized to fit almost any size or shape of window opening.
- Low Maintenance: Horizontal slider windows are also very low maintenance. They are easy to clean and require very little upkeep, which makes them a great option for those who want to spend less time on window maintenance.
In Florida, there are several different types of window materials that are commonly used for residential and commercial buildings. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Vinyl Windows: Vinyl windows are a popular choice for homeowners in Florida because they are affordable, energy-efficient, and require very little maintenance. They are also available in a range of colors and styles.
- Aluminum Windows: Aluminum windows are known for their durability and strength, which makes them a great option for homes in areas with high winds and hurricanes. They are also low-maintenance and energy-efficient.
- Wood Windows: Wood windows are a popular choice for their aesthetic appeal and natural insulation properties. They are available in a range of finishes and can be painted or stained to match the interior or exterior of a home.
- Fiberglass Windows: Fiberglass windows are a newer option that offer a combination of strength, durability, and energy efficiency. They are also low-maintenance and can be painted to match the exterior of a home.
Other Window Types
- Architectural Windows – These types of windows are designed to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. They can be customized to fit almost any size or shape of window opening, which makes them a great option for those who want to create a unique look for their home.
- Picture Windows – These types of windows are designed to be large and expansive, allowing for unobstructed views of the outdoors. They are often used as a focal point in a room and can create a dramatic and stunning effect.